Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The center of it all

New Year's Eve marked a time of new beginnings for me in a real way. I've always steered clear of resolutions because--okay, I admit it--I'm weak. I NEVER stick with my diet, exercise, or read the Bible in a year, plan. But this year, I felt something different wash over me during our New Year's Eve Service. My pastor wrote an illustrated sermon centered around the Hillsongs song, The Center of it All.

Is God at Core of everything I am? Every goal I set? Every song I sing? Every word I write? If not, WHY not? I've had some real times of reflection since New Year's Eve. God has spoken clearly to my heart that everything I do has to be a direct result of HIS will for me. I don't always take time to listen. Then I get myself committed to things that aren't exactly the right course and I have to walk them out before I can move back over to the place where I veered off. I don't like having to travel around the mountain over and over again before I get it right. Do you?
I begin this year with hope. This year I will listen to the still small voice. I won't be so impulsive. I'll wait so that everything I do is a burst coming from the Center. I WILL put that mountain behind me and move toward the Promised Land.


You are the Center of it All
The universe declares in Awe
Your Majesty, I surrender All.

That's all for today.
Love Jesus, love each other, pray for those devastated by the Tsunami.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home