Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Criticism

I was criticized yesterday. More than once! Isn't that just the way it is? I thought I was doing great, but I got the wind knocked out of my sails.
I'm learning to roll with the punches. These last few months have been like that for me, a rollercoaster of praise and defeat. Through it, God is teaching me what it is to love His people.

Did you know that people you love and respect are actually fallible???? They can be wrong. They can be wrong in their opinion about you and nothing you do or say will change their opinion. I've learned that in recent months. Oh, it hurts!! I want to shout, "YOU DON'T KNOW THE REAL ME! IF YOU DID YOU COULD NEVER THINK I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR FRIEND!"

I don't like being an outsider. Outside the clique, unacceptable to people I admire. It's painful to give everything I have to give and still miss the mark. To be forced to throw up my hands and admit that I've come to the end of my ability.

I have a lot of people in my life who love me. People who think I'm wonderful. People who aspire to be like me. (YES it's true!). I pray I never hurt them. I want to remember this pain so that I remember how precious every heart is to Jesus. I want to look at people through love and give them the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to grow cynical. To be one-sided and short-sighted.

That's all for today. Not exciting. Not fun. Just where I am.
Life is hard sometimes.
God is good always.
I'm His.

You are the Center of it all
The Universe declares in awe
Your Majesty, I surrender all.

Love each other. Be kind. Love Jesus above all.
Oh, Jesus, thank you that I'm good enough for You.

1 Comments:

Blogger writerlysoul said...

I read this post yesterday morning and tried and tried all day long to think of a way to respond. I knew I wanted to, knew I needed to, but didn't have the words. Then last night my pastor shared this poem at the end of his message and I knew instantly these words were for me to pass on to you.

Enjoy.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is all between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

----"The Final Analysis" by Kent M. Keith

January 06, 2005 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home