Sunday, January 09, 2005

Throw out those nets!

Pastor Matt spoke about launching out into the deep. Our church's vision for 2005. Go deeper. KNow God more intimately. When Jesus told his disciples to throw out their netS, Peter said, I'll throw out my NET. Guess what? The net broke! If they had thrown out PLURAL nets in the first place the nets wouldn't have broken and they would have gotten even more fish. This goes back to expectation. What is your capacity to grow in God? Are you ready to go deeper? Reach farther? Or do you think one little net worth of God is all you need?

I want all God has for me. I don't want to only put myself out there in such a manner that I know I can handle, I want to toss out all I've got and let God fill up all the places in my life that I need filled. Overflowing, but not breaking. I can trust Him to equip me for the tasks

I'm venturing into some new areas of ministry this year. I've always centered my ministry to music. But have felt God leading me to a ministry in our church under fantastic leadership, called UNIFIED. We work to make sure people know they are loved, important, make sure we know when they are missing if they have needs. It's a fantastic outreach ministry that forces me to get out of my comfort zone and reach out to people. Another area I'm committing to is once a month teaching a children's class. Our children's ministries at my church LEBANON FAMILY CHURCH (for those who may be in the Lebanon, Missouri area).

So the busy get busier. Am still praying about another area of leadership God may be calling me to that others (people I highly respect) don't feel I'm fit for. I have to weigh my desire for man's approval against my desire for God's best in my life. Would appreciate continued prayers. :)

"You are the Center of it all"
THe universe declares in awe
Your Majesty, I surrender all.

Love Jesus, love the world, Love is what sent Jesus to earth, what sent him to the cross, what will send him back to get us. IN the meantime, we are his hands and heart to love the Nations. The scriptures that speak of the compassion of Jesus always make me cry. I want to show compassion. I want to share Jesus' heart. I want to make a difference if only in ONE life. Sometimes I can be rough around the edges. Sometimes I think more about myself than others. But God is grooming me so He can use me most effectively. I'm so glad He sees my potential and my willingness to change every single day.

I love Him so much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home