Saturday, February 12, 2005

An anniversary Blog

Awesome day!
First of all, it is my 16th anniversary. Crazy. Half the time I still feel sixteen years old. How can I have been married that long??? Well, suffice to say, Rusty is a great husband, an incredible dad, a royal pain an a tremendous blessing. I'm lucky to have a guy who let me play on my computer for three years before I got serious about writing. Then worked two and sometimes three jobs while I really worked at landing a sale. MAN! I sooo want to just let that guy retire and be my Kept Man. :) He deserves to have whatever he wants. Okay, he'll never read this, so I'm safe putting it out there.

We were going to go out of town for the weekend to celebrate, but the kids had some stuff going on and I didn't want to be out of town when they were going to be out and about (I know, I'm protective, but that's just me). So we went to dinner then to see HITCH with Will Smith. Laughed until we CRIED. It was so funny. You gotta go see that. Then guess what we did???? Bought tickets for the next movie IN GOOD COMPANY with Dennis Quaid. I just love that guy. Especially since Meg Ryan (my former fave) dumped him.
Anyway, speaking of kids. I got a major revelation today. I mean this is something that I knew in my heart, but didn't really know deep down. I guess I'm dense. God really loves my kids MORE than I do. GASP. How is that even possible???? As much as I long for them to be happy and healthy and Loved and favored and successful in everything they set their hands to...He wants it so much more. I really can trust His Love for my darlings. That just came to me as a heavy revvy today. So I thought I'd pass it along. Trust God with your babies. Trust him with the child who is running from God. Trust him with the daughter who is starting to date, or the son who just got his license. God wants GOOD things for your children. He wants to see them tucked in safely every night and pure when they stand at the altar and say wedding vows.
I'm trusting God and the relationship He has with my children.

Anyway, I've had a full day. Rusty and I went to Wal-mart after the late movie (and BTW, I had NO idea so many people go to Walmart that late!), and I bought a weight bench for my anniversary present. Rusty tried to find the Jurrassic Park trilogy on DVD, but we couldn't find it.

Okay, 'nuff blogging.
Pastor's Wife taught ladies Bible study today about the Fruit of the Spirit. Do you know that part of the meaning of the greek word for Goodness is chastening. Hmmmm God's goodness compells Him to chasten us. Thank God for his correction in my life. Boy do I need it!
Good night.
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.
Just to take him at his word.
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know "Thus saith the Lord.
Jesus, Jesus, How I trust You,
how I've proved you O're and o're. J
esus, Jesus, precious Jesus.
Oh, for grace to trust you more.

2 Comments:

Blogger upwords said...

Oh Tracey,

What a great post! That is one of my favorite hymns (ties with Holy, Holy, Holy). And what you said about trusting the Lord with your kids is something I always need to hear. Happy Anniversary!

Blessings,
Mary G.

February 12, 2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger writerlysoul said...

Happy Anniversary, Tracey! Thanks for the reminder about trusting God with our kiddos. Not always easy, always necessary. This post cheered on that effort!

February 13, 2005 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home