Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Destiny, Reality TV, and Peace

Hello! It seems like it's been forever since I updated. Was going to the other day, but forgot my username. I remembered it today. Weird. A little blip in the ol' brain processor, I guess.

Since my previous blog I've become President of ACFW. It's been a very busy week, getting used to my duties and helping to field everyone else's as well. God had blessed me with a great group of helpers who are SOOO capable and amazing. Our first meeting went off without a hitch and we got a lot done.

Missing my friends. A lot. C, S, S, R, A.....Too busy to hang. Too busy to write. Too busy to cook. :) Destiny. Takes a lot of energy. I know I'm in God's will. That's what keeps me from curling up and bawling like a baby.

Today I go see a dentist. No, a peridontist. Sheesh. I've never had a cavity. Why must I deal with gum issues?
Yikes, what a bummer blog.

Good news, American Idol is on three times a week for the next three weeks! Gotta have my dose of Simon. I love the smirk. Better news, Bachelorette is almost over. Thank God. Compelled to watch. Don't like Jen. Do like Survivor, though! And one of my friends and I are getting into shape so we can be on Amazing Race. What do you think? The middle-aged Romance writer moms? I think it's a pretty good gimmick and I BET it gets attention.
We're going to do it. Be watching in like a year or two. (I've gained weight since we started getting into shape for it. :) )
Speaking of weight, I woke up asking the Lord about that. Why do I gain weight when stress starts closing in? I know I use food for comfort. By HE is my comforter, my peace, my port in a storm, my all in all. Food is good. But HE is great. So I prayed that he would be my peace and comfort today. That I can resist my tendency to use food to fill that empty void that only God can fill. The void caused by too much work to do, and not enough hours in the day.

So that's it for today. Peace. Jesus. Not food. :)
Tracey

4 Comments:

Blogger writerlysoul said...

The AMAZING RACE is the one and only reality TV Mike and I watch together. We love it! I say you and your friend should go for it! We'd be rooting for you!

love, s.

February 22, 2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Tracey,
I loved these statements: "I know I'm in God's will. That's what keeps me from curling up and bawling like a baby." He never said it would be easiy, being in His will. But there's always tons of grace.

I'm more into The Apprentice. Haven't caugh TAR. :)
Hugs ~ Lynette

February 23, 2005 12:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

I have never watched Amazing Race, but if you and your friend get on... I will definitely watch!
Congrats on being the new Prez of ACFW! I'm sure you will serve us well!

February 24, 2005 12:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Hey!

Peace and love... words for the day.

I missed Jen and her bachelorette show! How'd it go? I thought since she got engaged to Andrew on one of these shows, it would sound so phoney for her to be saying, "I just want to find true love... bla, bla."

I miss talking to you every day. But my heart is always with you.

R

February 25, 2005 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home