Tuesday, February 08, 2005

GET OVER IT

Do you ever just feel like you did in Jr. High or High School? For me that means really feeling out of place, unaccepted. I sort of came out of my shell as I matured, but there are still times when I'm that geeky, chubby, Jr. High girl who would do just about anything to fit in.

I think our past can really play a role in how we see ourselves. My friend and I were talking today about how hard it is to stop seeing ourselves the way we used to be. When you go back to your hometown, people don't see the person you are. They remember who you were. But I can't see myself that way. I have to allow myself to believe that the old me is gone. Yesterday is over. New Mercies direct my day. And how I conduct myself today, determines my tomorrow.

I had such a fun weekend. My church had a tailgate party for lunch on Sunday for Superbowl Sunday (I was still pouting that the Chiefs weren't playing so I didn't have much of an apetite).
I have had a great working week so far. Getting edits done and ready to go. Catching up on critiques for my friends. They should take them while they can, because we all know once I get back to work on new material next week, I'm hunkering down again. :) Joined Weight Watchers online today. Will keep you posted on that. I have a ton to lose. Well, return isn't working so I can't get a new paragraph. So I'll close. LOVE JESUS. Love the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie Poole said...

Both of you, too??? Man, I'd have never guessed that.

A couple of years ago I was praying in the shower and this strange thought came into my mind: that I'd never be able to do what God had called me to do if I wanted to believe the things some mean twelve year old girls said to me over twenty years ago.

There are times when I still struggle, like the first hour at ACRW 2003. With nice people like you, it didn't last long :-)

Tracey, I'm really enjoying your blog.

February 11, 2005 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home