Sunday, February 13, 2005

The war within

Church was awesome today. As always. I have THE all timey best church in the history of churches (Bible times don't count). My pastor started a three week series today called THE STRUGGLE WITHIN about the life of Jacob.

We all have the propensity for good and the propensity for evil. The war between flesh and spirit. Those things I do , I do not want to do. The things I want to do, I don't do! It's an age old struggle. Praise God for the Holy Spirit, the paracletos (in the greek) The comforter, convictor, the one who is a genius and a gentleman. He leads us into ALL truth. Gently guides us toward the right course. Sometimes we do have to force ourselves out of the Comfort zone to do what is right.

It's being led by God. Eating the right foods when we want the wrong ones. Doing dishes just because it's the right thing to do. God's teaching me to follow him. It's not just about sin. It's about living an excellent lifestyle. I'm working on it. Working hard on presenting my body a living sacrifice. Exercise, proper nutrition. Discipline about work habits.

We had such a great, quiet afternoon. I read OBSESSED, by Ted Dekker. It was not as Ted Dekkerish as his last few books. It was awesome though. I still have to recommend THE SURROGATE by Kathryn Mackel. She's a new favorite author.

I'm recommitting to a spirit of excellence in my life. Jesus is the center of all of my actions, attitudes, and decisions.

You are the Center of it all
The Universe declares in awe
Your majesty I surrender all

Will you commit with me to making Jesus the center? To surrender to the propensity to obey the spirit when you're in a struggle? Let me know if God is tugging at your heart.

Love lots!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Wallace said...

What a God we serve that He knew I'd need this reminder and that I'd just "happen" to read it today. God is tugging at my heart and I'm off to go talk to Him about the truth you've spoken here. Thank you!

Blessings,
Amy

February 15, 2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post, Tracey. I'm recommitting to love. We can never be reminded enough of Jesus. Love you, R

February 20, 2005 2:33 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Great post Tracey! That is exactly what I have been doing this week... making Jesus the center again.

February 24, 2005 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home