Friday, March 18, 2005

From thief to Prayer Warrior

Last year about this time, my seven-year-old (then six) son sat at my kitchen table listening while my older son read off a list of the ten commandments.
A few minutes later he came to me with remorse and and disgust and informed me that his career goals had pretty much bitten the dust and what he planned on doing, he could no longer do. Supportive mother I am, I told him, "honey, you can be anything you want when you grow up."
He shakes his head and says, "no I can't. It's against the rules"
Rules? What rules?
He gives me a DUH MOM look. "God's rules" (the Big Ten of course).
"Well, sheesh,Bud, what were you planning on being when you grow up?"
With a great sigh of regret he informs me, "I figured I just steal money so I didn't have to work."

Okay, then. So much for being the great woman of God raising my children in the nuture and admonition of the Lord.

One year later...
School Day
The kid will NOT get out of bed.
Finally, in a fit I holler. "Get your butt out of that bed before you miss the bus!"
His reply, "I won't let my feet touch the floor until I talk to God."

Oh MY!
Thank God for wonderful children's workers (who incidentally was surprised and grateful that at least one of the kids was ACTUALLY listening)

Turns out, his children's church teachers are teaching on being a prayer Warrior. And my son has committed himself to being just that. In his heart and mind he is a prayer warrior. And guess what? He is just that in his actions as well.

The thing about this special kid is that he is so sensitive to God. When he learned that God didn't want him to be a thief he changed his plans for the future (now he plans to be a Nintendo tester and an artist and if those don't work out...a christian rock star--although I told him if he was a lawyer or an IRS agent, he could pretty well keep the same plans and be on the right side of the law )
Moving right along....when the kid heard how important it is for him not to get out of bed without connecting with His heavenly Father, he made that a priority

A lesson we can learn. God is not looking at perfection from us, guys, He is looking for a sensitive, willing heart who will just take Him at His Word. Quick to hear and obey.
So my challenge (and I'm taking it too) don't let your feet hit the floor in the morning without first saying Good morning to the Lord and committing the day to Him.

God bless you!
PS I'm STILL healed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

What a wonderful son you have Tracey.

I'll take your challenge!

March 19, 2005 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home