Monday, March 07, 2005

Healing

I've been so busy lately I haven't taken time to blog. But I HAD to share this with you all!

A few years ago I developed a tumor on my thyroid. Benign, but growing to the point that singing was pretty much impossible. This was a tragedy for me because if you know me, I have been a worshipper either as a back up or leader for 20 years. And I was pretty vain about my voice (blush). I liked it to sound good. And it did. To God be all the Glory, but he had gifted me. But once my voice completely went bad, I pretty much stopped singing, except when I had to for the conferences or a couple of times a month as back up where I sang quietly and low (alto) so that my voice didn't crack. It gets better when I sing more often, but my range has been so limited that I could barely sing any song all the way through.
After the ACFW conference, I felt like God was leading me to lead worship at the next conference. I DREADED the thought, knowing how my voice has been. OH I should mention that I had surgery to remove the tumor and half my thyroid, but to my disappointment, the tightness never went away. It was like I couldn't really get enough air through me to get the notes out. ANYWAY. As it turned out I talked to Rachel about leading worship and she felt like it was my turn, since I've helped out but not led. So the work began. Every day I sit at my piano working on the songs I feel God has put on my heart for the conference and every day I cry and tell God, "I trust you. I know you will either heal me or cover me as you have every year when I sang" (trust me, he miraculously has touched my voice each year for the past three years and then it goes back to tight and bad again).
I just felt him telling me to keep working, be faithful and yes, He would cover me.
I was watching 700 club as I often do and always when they're calling out healings I'd say, "God please let it be me today," then I'd pray for the others. And it was never me. But I knew I could be healed without being called out. :)
So Thursday I was watching 700 club and it felt different. And suddenly, Pat Robertson said, God has just loosened a tightness in someone's throat, you'll be able to get more air, now." (or something like that)
I said out loud. "That's me!" And immediately I went to my piano to sing. As I sang a particularly challenging song, it got better,...the next day, better....Now I was getting excited because I was seeing evidence of healing, singing with a quality I haven't experienced in years except at the conference. Every day since Thursday has been like this....but I haven't said anything to my family. Tonight, my daughter had brought her guitar into the living room and wanted me to sing the song "You are my strength when I am weak" for her so she could get the tune. So I started singing while she played her guitar and my voice was as clear and quality as it was before my throat started tightening. !!!!!! My husband was lookign at me, my daughter was grinning. So I came clean and confessed that God had healed me. Then I sat at the piano and my daughter and I did a couple of songs, then I just started playing and I can say that God has totally healed my throat.
For those of you who will be at the ACFW conference. Come expecting if you need healing. I believe God is going to show himself in the miraculous in people's lives.

That's all I have to say. I want to end today's blog with honor and glory to Jesus. I'll never take my singing ministry for granted again. I'll never think it's not from God, never discount the gifting and talent that He's placed in me.
Thank You Jesus, for healing me. For giving me back my ability to do what I love most.

8 Comments:

Blogger Angie Poole said...

Praise the Lord!

Thank you for posting that, Tracey.

March 08, 2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger Angie Poole said...

Praise the Lord!

Thank you for posting that, Tracey.

March 08, 2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Tracey,

I'm blessed by your sharing and SO excited! I know how much this means to you. God never ceases to amaze me.

Love,
Chris

March 08, 2005 10:36 AM  
Blogger writerlysoul said...

I'm praising God with you, Tracey! Before long ACFW can publish a book on healings - all within our group! God is good. But even more importantly, He's faithful.

Love ya!

Staci

March 08, 2005 11:49 AM  
Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 09, 2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Tracey,
What I was trying to say (didn't realize you can't correct your spelling on these AFTER you post), was I'm glad you shared. I think it's neat that your family noticed before you 'fessed up.
God bless,
Lynette

March 09, 2005 6:41 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

WooHoo! Praise God Tracey! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to having you lead worship in Nashville and having God show up.

March 10, 2005 12:04 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

That is so amazing! God is awesome. He's meeting you at every turn. Whoo hoo!

Love you, Rachel

March 11, 2005 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home