Sunday, March 13, 2005

NO PITY PARTIES

My pastor spoke on self-pity today. it was so good.

The devils agenda to make everything we are doing for the kingdom completely useless. It's a five step process.

1. Making us feel sorry for ourselves
2. We resent people
3. We isolate ourselves
4. We get bitter
5. We become offended.

It's easy to give in to self pity. The following are situations where we have to guard against it.

1. When we are persectuted
2. When we are afflicted
3. When we are worn out
4. When others are promoted or experience increase (writers especially have to guard against this one!)
5. When you isolate yourself from others
6. When standing for a major breakthrough
7. When we start something new
8. When you lose a battle

Yesterday I wrote six thousand words. Very good day for me. A double day basically. Very good. Was going to work today, but decided not to. Gearing up for a busy week.
Tonight is a lazy sunday evening, family time. Relaxing. I love Sunday nights. Our church doesn't meet like a lot of churches do. It was weird for me when I first started attending this church about 5 years ago. Now i've grown to cherish my time with the family. It's the only night that is totally ours. :)

Nothing real profound in this blog. I wish you all could attend our church. It's truly amazing. Music, preaching, youth ministry, kids church, nursery.
Awesome.

Love to you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Thanks Tracey. I needed the bit on self-pity. I fight with that a lot.

March 17, 2005 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home