Thursday, March 31, 2005

To Be Still and Know...

I hit the ground running today. Literally. Had business emails from all different directions. Busy day. Knocked three hours off of my planned schedule. Three hours that I couldn't afford.
No time for Jesus, frustrated. Finally, at 3 pm, I realized I had barely written anything on my fast-approaching deadline. The kids would be home in thirty minutes and then the real busyness of the day would begin.

I felt drawn. What a sweet Holy Spirit. He loves me enough to draw me away in the midst of my busy day, when I don't have time to share my heart with him, don't have time to vent my frustration. For fifteen minutes I lay in stillness. Alone with the lover of my soul. The one who knows me. Knows I'm not capable of leading ACFW. Knows I'm not capable of writing a good book. Or mending broken relationships, or assuring friends that they are valuable and doing a good job. I'm not capable of giving my children equal attention and responding to their individual needs. He knows I must have His strength, his guidance. I'm nothing without Him.
Fifteen minutes beside still waters and I'm renewed.
Try it. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Oooh cool!

April 01, 2005 1:32 AM  
Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Thanks for the reminder. :)

April 01, 2005 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home