Monday, March 21, 2005

Weekend in a Fog

Went to a precious wedding on Saturday. The daughter of friends I've known forever. Beautiful, sweet, innocent girl. The groom cried (as did his brother and her brother, who both stood up with the groom. LOL--the bridesmaids held it together). My pastor and his wife BOTH did the ceremony. It was awesome. He read some, she read some. I hope when my daughter gets married that it's done that way. Very cool. They put "obey" in the ceremony. My flesh wasn't crazy about it, but my husband informed me later that I've always obeyed him, even when I gripe about it. It's just a word. I suppose he's right. I'm a closet submitter. Ha! Anyway, I'm sure she will do great. It's awesome to see God bring two people together. And the whole church was able to watch as these two fell in love. Both parents attend the church. We are such a close knit family. Awesome. (Have I mentioned that I attend Lebanon Family Church and you should really come try us out???? You'd love it! Money back guarantee--not really. But you wouldn't want a refund. :))

I don't know. I left home at 7:15 to get to church for music practice (I'm HEALED PTL!), Rusty was out of town, so I had to lug all the kids. Have a lot of reasons to complain. Not feeling well, had a major fight with one of my kids right before bedtime, so while said kid, slept like a baby, I stayed awake and bemoaned my parental failings. One good thing about adrenaline induced insomnia, though is that God can deal, deal, deal with you. He dealt with me about a lady who consistently hurts my feelings. Man! I don't know why I want her to like me. She's not that nice, but I really really like her anyway! Weird, huh? She came to me Sunday and apologized. Said God had shown her that she blew me off. I pretended I hadn't thought anything of it. If she knew that a good hour of that insomnia was spent sobbing because she didn't like me, it would have really made her feel bad. She tries. I guess I am not that easy to like.

Anyway, I spent the night wrestling with God. Wanted to stay home, get someone else to sing for me, not practice for the Easter program afterwards (two of the kids are also in it). God began dealing wiht me about sacrifice. It's easy to serve God when the kids are sweet, when the husband's home to help, when my course is laid out before me straight and smooth. I sail on by. But give me PMS, crabby kids, cranky ladies who hurt me, two hours of sleep spread out in 15 minute increments over the night, and BOY do I want to hide my head and start over next week.
Can't happen. Other people are involved. I got up, spent a few minutes with the Lord before the kids woke up. He promised His strength to get through the day. Promised his pleasure for staying the course. Keeping my word and not bailing on the awesome guy in charge of the drama for next week (I'm a fill-in because others have dropped out).

So last night, Rusty sat with me on the couch, rubbed my feet, his actions and tenderness assured me that he loves me. We watched a show about the Bible Code, then one about Dragons. :) It was nice. The kid I fought with acted like nothing happened, laughed, talked, played wiht us and the dog. My course smoothed out, I felt God's pleasure in my calm sweet evening with my family. And I felt myself rest in the center of His will.
PTL

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post. I love your heart. Closet submitter... LOL. I think most of us are. :) Hugs. R

March 22, 2005 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home