Friday, April 22, 2005

This and That

Nothing profound has happened in my life lately, therefore I've decided to write a completely nonsensical blog just for the heck of it.

Things that make me laugh...

1. My son Michael. He knows exactly what to say to make me smile.
2. Adam Sandler movies. He cracks me up
3. Kristin Billerbeck's Ashley Stockingdale books.
4. Susie Warren--love our hour long phone conversations just when I need a lift.
5 Reba on the WB

Things that make me cry...

1. Karen Kingbury books
2. The sweet presence of the Lord
3. When my friends hurt
4. Lifetime movies
5. Rejection letters

Today I worked on Leave it to Claire rewrites for my editor. Looking forward to sending this off (again) by Tuesday night. Hair appt. on Tuesday morning (trying to decide on style and color. I have ideas from freakish to conservative and can't decide which I am this month. Big decision.)Dentist appt. on Wednesday, and then starting my next project on Thursday of next week for Heartsong. I'm starting to think, okay, this is doable, when I get an email from another editor telling me copyedits are coming for another book. Oy vey. Being a writer is a lot more work than I ever thought it would be. Especially now that i have a great agent who is getting me lots of work. So once again, I had to pull up my calendar and adjust my schedule. My first tendency is to freak out. How am I going to fit one more thing into my already impossible schedule? But guess what? God knew before He allowed these contracts, that everything would converge at once, and I have to believe that He's got my back. So I'm doing the work. Doing my best. Trusting Him to do the rest. Was that profound? I can't help myself. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

God knew before He allowed these contracts, that everything would converge at once, and I have to believe that He's got my back. So I'm doing the work. Doing my best. Trusting Him to do the rest.

Sounds profound to me. not to mention a good piece of advice. Thanks.

April 24, 2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Isn't it hard to remember when you didn't have all the work? But how great. You amaze me at how much you get done. And it's good!!

Good post! Rachel

April 30, 2005 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home