Sunday, June 05, 2005

Breaking out

WW-- Doing well. Points are a great discipline. Looking forward to my meeting Thursday. I am not used to disciplining my flesh so my body is not happy with the new limits. But I know this is something I need. There is joy in knowing that God is on my side helping. His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

Church--Pastors were there today, back from their trip to Somoa, which had no air conditioning and no crime. Pastor Matt wore a Somoan garment called a lava lava. Which was basically a skirt that looked like something my mama would have worn about 15 years ago. But at least the guy's secure in his manhood, enough to wear it for both services, despite the fact that we inevitably have visitors to our services. He's very endearing really. You gotta love this guy. So surrendered to God.THE all-time best pastor that ever lived. My family has grown spiritually by leaps and bounds in the past few years and particularly in the past year.
He was praying yesterday and God gave him a phrase for the church: Breakout in all areas. Such a relevant word for me right now and goes along with John's desire for the church, "Beloved I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health as your soul prospers. Emotional and spitual prosperity, healthy strong bodies (hmmm like maybe losing weight and overcoming obesity related illnesses like high bp). and money prosperity.
I'm breaking out. Losing weight, growing in my walk with God, growing in the relationships that are healthy for me and letting go of some that are not so healthy. This is where God is drawing me. It'll be interesting to look back in a year and see where I am. Did I keep my commitments? Am I breaking out? Staying the course? Walking in obedience?

Family--we took the kids to Applebees for lunch (they have a WW menu with the points figured out. I had steak and shrimp terryaki 7 pts)
Then we went to see Madagascar. Very funny movie. I hate to take time off, but Sundays HAVE to be set aside. It means I work harder on Saturdays (which I did) and Mondays (which I will), but keeping Sunday for God and family has become important for us. We bought one of those big four feet deep pop-up pools from Wal-mart last year, so we got it out of storage and it's filling up now. :)

Well, off to cook dinner. A healthy, WW okay dinner. :) Oh wait, Joel Osteen is on. We'll watch that THEN cook.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Oh I love that... Break out in all areas!
Tracey I so love reading your blog, it is a blessing to me. Thanks for tagging my board!

June 06, 2005 12:47 AM  
Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Oh, so much fun! I miss our pop-up pool. Saw Madagascar Fri. p.m.--CJ and I were the ONLY ones in the theater who cracked up over the "Planet of the Apes" reference. Sigh. I felt rather old after that.

Good thing breaking out isn't limited to age! We say no to some things so we can say YES to others. :)

June 06, 2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home