Friday, June 03, 2005

The new me

So, I bit the bullet and walked into a WW meeting. I don't know what I had been expecting. Some kind of "Hi My name is Tracey," kind of thing. But it was far from that. The leader was gracious, professional, open about her own struggle with weight. She lost 70 lbs in the 1970s. So she's been in this thing for a lot of years. I found out I have a LOT of weight to lose. Well, I knew it already, but now I have a strategy. Today is going well.
The one thing I have learned about God over the past few years as I've worked toward a writing career, is that when you commit your way to Him, trust that He is working on your behalf even if you don't see it, and are willing to put in the work necessary to accomplish a goal, then He is able to do abundantly above all we ask or think.

I'm finally ready to do what it takes to lose weight the right way. I honestly believe I will stick with this.

Better get back to work. Kids are gone for the weekend. I'm writing like mad to meet a June 15 deadline. THen get back to my second CLAIRE book which is due July 15. Then I'm on Vacation for as long as I need it. :)

Love Jesus, love the world. Love yourself, Jesus does
T

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Way to GO, Tracey! Keep us posted on your progress!

Love,
Chris

June 03, 2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Good for you! I'm praying for you.

June 04, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Gail Welborn said...

Tracey, I'm so excited for you and the way the Lord is working in your life and writing! You go, girl. The old saying, "You've come a long way, baby," has been realized, hasn't it. Bless you, little one. I couldn't be prouder. And no, I'm not mom. :-)
Love ya,
Gail

June 08, 2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger Gail Welborn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 08, 2005 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home