Thursday, June 09, 2005

Three trains and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese

So, all day I've been looking forward to WW because as we know it's D-day.
Rusty left for work at about 3 pm and I was answering editor emails and suddenly about 3:30 he calls (thank God for cell phones), a belt popped off his car, so he was coming back home. Did he want me to come get him, I asked. No. he thought he could probably make it home.
So abotu 10 minutes later, he called back and needs me to get him. He made it a few miles, things started heating up and he had to pull the car over.
SO I said, okay, but I have my meeting at 5 and I'm not missing getting weighed in after how good I've been all danged week. Can I take a shower first and get dressed.
SILENCE...Well, okay, but I'll be sitting out here in the heat. Alone. And it's a country road.
WUSS.
So I jerked around, mumbling because , of course, if the car breaks down it's always the man's fault and I know he just did it to sabotage my weight loss because he's afraid I'll be too sexy for my shirt.
I pick him up, we drive ten miles to town, go by the auto parts store, We drive home another 7 miles (going a different way....back roads...) It's 4:15. I haven't showered or anything and have to leave at 4:45. Anyway, I made it got to the meeting, stepped on the scale.....BUT more about that later.....

So after the meeting, it's about 6:15, and Rusty needs me to take him to the car so he can put the belt on real quick. Okay, let me just say that when a man says, "I just need to do something real quick to the car," Don't believe him. I sat there for an hour. Finally talked him into calling a tow truck,(once again, may I say..thank God for cell phones). The TOW truck ran behind, so he didn't get there and get the car hooked up until about 8:20...So here we go. On the way home, Still hadn't eaten supper. Starving. we get stopped by a train. Now when you get stopped by a rural train, this is where they change cars, stop so the conductor can go to the john, take a nap...whatever. There were two trains on two tracks. One totally stopped. The other moving at a snails pace. Finally the snaily one went by and we (and by now the six cars behind us who were holding us completely responsible for the train fiasco, because, hey, we were the first car in the line of people waiting), and we looked with expectatio for the second one to take its cue and start moving. But it didn't for an hour. And then two men pulled up on the OTHER side, and we thought Thank you Lord. We thanked too soon. They disconnected a couple of cars, then ANOTHER train came, just as THAT train had moved, but not soon enough for us to go through. Thirty minutes later that train had stopped, and started. And stopped and started. We sat at that doggone train stop for an hour and a half. All the while I'm starving and needing desperately to be writing.

We told the kids all about it when we got home and my 13 year old son said, "Man I bet you were mad." I said, "Dad was." Dad said, "Mom was just glad for a chance to read."
IT'S TRUE. I had a book with me that I'd brought along for when he was going to "real quick" change the belt. I've been on such tight deadlines I've done NO reading. LOL So once it got dark, I switched on the dome light and just lost myself in a book. Every minute or so Rusty was doing that huffy guy thing, where they talk to the inanimate object causing their stress. Finally I said, Is it helping to do that? He said yes, so we left it there.

All the way home I told Rusty, we are NOT paying that tow truck because of that dumb train. So you be firm. He said, You be firm. I said Okay I will. But luckily they charged by the mile and not the hour. LOL

So I have enough points left today for a quarter lber with cheese and a small fry. (didn't use my flex points so I could have really gone all out, but I didn't). I'm going to enjoy that burger though!

So anyway.
Okay, I lost 6.4 lbs and got a bookmark with a star with a 5 in it and it says I lost 5 lbs. I suppose they didn't have one that said, "I lost 6.4 lbs" so I'll take it.
Thanks everyone for caring!!!
Hugs
Tracey

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! COngratulations!!! I'm impressed right down to my socks. Or I would be if I weren't already barefooted. :) You're my new hero! Go, go, go, AMAZING TRACEY!

June 09, 2005 10:35 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

WooooHooooo! You rock Tracey!!! That's great!

June 10, 2005 11:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Whooo hoo on losing weight! You are challenging me!!!! Way to go!

Love you! Rachel

June 16, 2005 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home