Sunday, July 03, 2005

Isolation

Deadline mania. Again. this is the last one in a string of deadlines over the past two years. In two weeks I will get some time off. But I feel myself shutting down now. I have been going on autopilot for so long, that now the end is in sight I'm having trouble focusing. Trouble thinking. I feel like I've forgotten how to write. For me this is a crisis. I've had times during each deadline crunch where I think I can't do this. I don't remember how to write, but never have I felt this way.
My mom's out of town for a much-needed vacation, friends are busy or sick, I'm in a place I've never been where there's no one to help talk me down off the ledge.
Ah well, sink or swim, I have to trust God. Funny, the theme of my book is about trusting God and not trying to figure everything out on your own.
A lesson to learn before I drive home the theme? maybe.
God bless.

0 Comments:

<< Home