Friday, July 22, 2005

Life moves on....

You know what's just wrong with a capital W? Cheryl Ladd doing a menopause comercial. Know what I mean? Chris Monroe, Charlie's Angel. She was always my favorite angel. She drove that cool Cobra 2 and had a car phone!!! And I loved the way she held her gun with two hands and said, "Hold it!" I always wanted to be her. But sheesh not now. Menopause comercials!! that's just not possible.
Next month I'm turning 36. I will officially be closer to 40 than 30. I don't like that.
I feel like I've wasted my thirties being fat. And yet in another way, my thirties have been the best time of life. I grew up a lot. Served on the ACFW board, got published and published and published. My career mushroomed, my relationships grew. I have the best friends of my life, (Hi Pinkies!).

I will soon be talking about menopause, attending my children's graduations and weddings, getting grandchildren. I've wanted to be thirty since I was twenty-one (don't ask why), so I've always loved my thirties. I need to set some real goals to look forward to once I'm in my forties and beyond. Maybe when I'm in my forties my career will settle into a routine where I can write two a year and still make a living. That would DEFINITELY be something to look forward to.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Hey back! :) Great thoughts. Cheryl Ladd on menopause... a man. Where have the years gone? LOL

Rachel

July 23, 2005 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home