Thursday, August 18, 2005

Watering the Ground

Preaching alert!!!!!

Folks, we have had rain. FINALLY Winter was dry (which I didn't mind because I am a weather WIMP), spring was dry, and summer has been painfully dry. Guess what? I wanted to live in the desert I WOULD. But I live in Missouri. The beautiful, green Ozarks that are depressingly BROWN.

This past Sunday evening I heard a great message about allowing God to water our dry hearts with His Word. Its about barrenness and how even if a seed is planted, it will be fruitless without water to make that seed grow. I've been thinking about all the great seeds that have been planted into my life and how often I go days without allowing God to water those seeds. Busyness replaces my time with the Lord. I become more like Martha than Mary and work instead of fellowshipping. It's no wonder my edges get a little hard and brittle, my countenance a little dull.

This past week we've had rain. Substantial rain. I walked outside today and had to praise the Lord as I looked at my green lawn (although my son might not be happy to have his mowing break over).

I've recommitted to allowing the Lord to soften the ground of my heart with his Word.
And BTW, Mom, you forgot my birthday. :)