Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Count Down to Joyce

I'm going to Joyce Meyer's conference this weekend. I believe God provided it at this time because he knew I'd come home drained and stay drained after ACFW conference. I am going with a group of friends from church. Staying Thursday night and Friday night. I'm trying to gather the courage to leave my laptop at home. :) Not sure I have the moxy to do it. Three days without mail? Hmmm. Not sure that's going to happen. We'll see. The schedule for this conference is much more forgiving than ACFW. There are only two meetings a day, one in the morning and one at night like Sundays at church for most people. So we'll have afternoons free. What else am I going to do if I don't haev my computer? Our seats are reserved because one of my friends is friends with someone who works in the ministry (can't say who). So we don't have to stand in line forever to get a decent seat.

I'm working on a new proposal right now. It's exciting and scary (not Brandilyn Collins scary, neurotic fear of failure, Tracey Bateman scary). I'm nervous about this because it's going to stretch me as an author. I want to take my writing to another level. I'm trusting God to show me how. I wanted to take time this coming year and take some time to go to conferences as an attendee, maybe read some how-to books. But it's not to be. My schedule is filling up already. Not that I'm complaining. :)

My son came home with a fever and sore throat from school today. So my other son decided to give it a shot. He stumbled over to the couch, clutching his head and screwing his face up as though in terrible pain. "Oh, mom. I have such a headache. I mean really really bad."
I took one look and knew. I'm not always so astute, but this kid tried to fake sickness the night before the first day of school. He makes straight A's, he just really wants to stay home and play Nintendo, and since he plans to make a career of testing video cames, he sees no reason to waste his days on schoolwork. He's seven years old. Anyway, he went to bed still insisting his head would explode with pain if I send him to school in the morning. It's going to be interesting to watch the show when I wake him up.

Found out today that my publisher sent out my new book COLOR OF THE SOUL today. My free copies. So I'm excited about getting those. I'll proabably be running some sort of contest for free copies of that one. I'll wait till they get here, though.

peace

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL Tracey... you really must get the word verification thing on here so you will stop getting spam comments.

Hey I just went and checked out COLOR OF THE SOUL on amazon, it sounds really good! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Good luck with the new proposal!
s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g is SO good for you, as a writer and otherwise. Just keep trusting God with it and you'll do great.

ooh I hope you have a great time at the Joyce Meyer's conference! May it be a time of refreshing for you! May the Lord work out some amazing things just for you this weekend!

~TIPton

September 28, 2005 1:52 AM  
Blogger Deborah Raney said...

LOL at the (not Brandilyn Collins scary, neurotic fear of failure, Tracey Bateman scary) comment!

And tell your son to STAY IN SCHOOL and get good grades. Our oldest son has made a living as a professional video game tester (currently tester/producer) out in Seattle for the last 4 or 5 years, but he has a bachelors degree in commercial graphics and probably wouldn't have the job otherwise. He loves his job and he makes good money, but it takes more than knowing how to play the game to get your foot in the door! Sorry to break the news! ; )

Have fun at the conference!

September 28, 2005 9:02 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Lookie there! you fixed it! ;-)

September 28, 2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home