Friday, September 30, 2005

Wasted opportunity?

I woke up this morning remembering something that happened when I was a kid. I used to dream about this all the time, but haven't in years.

When I was about 4 years old, my mom, me, my best friend who was a year older than me, and her mom went to a concert of the Bill Gaither Trio (yes it was that long ago). At one point Bill Gaither looked up into the section where we were sitting and pointed at me. He wanted me to come down and sing This Little Light of Mine. They tried to coax me down onto the stage, but it wasn't happening. So my best friend got to do it instead. MAN. I've regretted that all my life.

I think somehow it became a defining moment for me. we've been talking about fear of failure on the ACFW loop. Even back then I was afraid of failing. Because guess what? I didn't know the song very well. If I had, I'd have gone. About three or four years ago I made a decision that I would NEVER be motivated by fear again. That I would rather do something afraid than not do it and miss an opportunity.

Be brave. Don't miss opportunities.
I sent a new proposal to my agent today. He sent it off. I'm nervous. But the opportunity for pushing away the nerves and trying something new might be a great opportunity.
If Not. There's something else on the horizon

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

"Be brave. Don't miss opportunities."

Man. Timely. not just because the loop is talking about it. But because God is dealing with me on fear... a little.

Thanks for your blogs Tracey, they bless me.

September 30, 2005 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home