Monday, October 10, 2005

A good weekend

Spent the weekend in bed. I know. I should be ashamed, but I'm really not. I had a horrendous day Friday, actually all last week. Friday was the culmination. God woke me up to go somewhere and I thought, "This is going to be awesome," and it WASN"T it was terrible. Well, the first hour and a half were fabulous. Sometimes I think ministers should just quit when God's done and not try to keep going past the anointing.

A person totally destroyed my confidence in my ability to minister through humor. Have you ever noticed that sometimes people minister from their irritations about you or what they assume from what you show on the outside? Someone prayed that I would stop using humor so much. I was devastated! Later God assured me that he wouldn't have given me my joy if He didn't want to use it as a tool to accomplish his purpose through my speaking and through my writing. I mean would he really give me a three book deal to write a comedy series if it wasn't okay for me to be funny? I can't help it that my personality lends itself to humor. :) I would never speak if I couldn't quip. God saved my life through humor. 15 years ago I was bound up with fear and couldn't leave my house. Now they call it agorophobia, I just called it fear. I was depressed and snarly. But God infused me with joy and set me free. And I can't help it if some people prefer to be grumpy! Not this kid!

To confirm my theory that it was indeed God's idea for me to be funny, I picked up She's All That by Kristin Billerbeck. Awesome book and JUST what I needed to heal my wounded soul. I cracked up! Sunday I wasn't quite ready to face people, so I stayed in bed. :) Finished Kristin's book, finished Deb's book Over the Waters. Also a great book. Totally different. Kristin made me laugh, Deb made me cry. :) I bet the person who prayed for me would think Deb's a lot more spiritual.
Okay, I'm over it. I really do take things to heart too much. LOL You think?
Moral of today's story? Be sure that you know who you are in Christ. People are well-meaning and they truly believe they're hearing from God, but people are fallible. :) Only God is perfect.
Don't let people, no matter how much you respect them, be "thus saith the Lord" to you if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. There is the matter of being willing to take correction, but usually God isn't going to correct you through a lay minster or someone who doesn't like you in the first place. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Tracey, your humor isn't the kind that hurts, it's the kind that heals. My heart breaks at the thought of anyone not seeing that it's a gift from God. Keep on laughing and we'll keep on laughing with you, my precious friend. ~ Love, Chris

October 10, 2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 11, 2005 2:34 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

You know, the thing is about God using someone to speak to you... even when it pisses you off if you are open to what God has for you generally there will be a little nod of approval in your heart when the person says whatever to you and it's right and if you don't have that, then ignore it. (I could kick their shin for you, if you like?)

Tracey the thing about you ministering with your humor... there are people that would allow you to minister to them BECAUSE of that humor, because they identify with it. They can't identify with the others. So your humor has a place. God isn't stupid He wouldn't have made you with it if He didn't plan on using it... and in case you didn't know, God has a HUGE sense of humor. (LOL Just look at me and you'll see that's true. *G*)

oh and I have to say... I love that you blogged on my birthday. (Yeah, yeah, let me keep my delusions that that was the reason LOL)

October 11, 2005 2:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica Ferguson said...

People who have no sense of humor don't understand those who do have one. Don't look back, Tracey. Look forward -- with a laugh and a giggle.

October 12, 2005 10:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Way to kick butt, Tracey! We all need your humor. Rachel

October 16, 2005 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home