Tuesday, October 25, 2005

supposed to be writing

The best time to blog is when I'm supposed to be writing, am not sure where to go with the scene, and remember. Hmmm, I haven't blogged in a few days.
So here we go.
PTL Rachel Hauck and her family made it through Hurricane Wilma safely. Thank you Jesus. You always try not to worry, but still, Hurricanes haven't been too nice this year.
Loved Rachel's last Song of Songs post. It gripped my heart. I'm so tired. I need my first love to hold me and woo me back. Excellent, Rachel. Keep up the Songs, it's great.

Am back on a writing schedule. Rusty and I decided I need to write at night. I'm much more productive and that leaves my days free to do what I need to do, and for watching Oprah and Dr. Phil (I get cranky if I have to miss those two shows). so Ten pm to one or two, however long it takes to write 2K every night. Usually only takes two hours, but when I sign online--like now for instance-- it takes longer. I didn't start tonight until almost 11, and I've done about 1200 words. So I figure another hour and I can go to bed. If I can sign off line and just write.

I am going through books again and selling off some of my darlings. Well, not really the precious ones. Some I have a bit of trouble parting with just because I love the authors so much. But good grief. I don't have my own library and it does get annoying walking over books all the time. I have books all over my living room floor getting ready to put them into packages for the ones buying them.

Noticed on B&N.com today that Leave it to Claire is supposedly going to be available mid December. I don't think that's right. Last I heard it was a January release. I'm going to ask my editor tomorrow. It'd be fun to encourage people to give it away as Christmas gifts. Right now I'm writing I Love Claire, book three. It's the most fun so far, I think. I got to add a big fun, lovable dog in this one as one of the secondary characters. I love to write about kids and dogs. Lots of great material there. And with four kids and three dogs in my family I should know.

Tomorrow, a group of pals will be helping Rachel brainstorm her new Westbow (YAY RACHEL) chicklit. Looking forward to that.

Well shoot. I better get back to work. I have 800 words to write before I can go to bed

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Hey sugar love, ;)

Praying for you. Thanks for the well wishes for hurricane wilma. :) Glad it's over.

The brainstorm was great! And I agree, Dr. Phil and Oprah are such temptations!

Rachel

October 26, 2005 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home