Sunday, October 02, 2005

Tomorrow is another day!

Woke up too late to get ready for church today. Feel lonely for cooperate worship and like I really failed Jesus. Rachel walks on the water with Him. I can't even drag my butt out of bed to make it to the late service. 10:45!!! I stayed up until 4am discussing "priorities" with my poor husband. His priorities of course, not mine. Mine are oh-so in line. Anyway, HE made it to church with the kids, but there wasn't time for me. Besides I had a headache and was in a bad mood. Then they told me about the service which is always amazing and I kicked myself for not hurrying and going. I need to do better. I think Rachel needs to write a book about letting Jesus be the emotional equalizer. :) I really want to be Rachel when I grow up.

Tomorrow I get back into the daily word count routine. I'm not ready emotionally. I'd like to have weeks off. Only I know I could never do it. I always seemed to end up right here. In front of the computer. I need three weeks on a beach alone with no internet service. Are there still such places?

Had to set Deb Raney's book aside. I remembered I had a book to endorse that I'd committed to and it's due tomorrow. Such an amazing book. If you've never read Athol Dickson. Check him out. an AMAZING author. truly. He makes me look like I'm writing Dick and Jane. Back to Deb's book tonight. I think this one is going to be right up there with Beneath a Southern Sky. I'm half through and absolutely loving it.

Okay, enough of the self-loathing and head-on-the-wall banging.
Tomorrow is another day, Miss Scarlett

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

"I really want to be Rachel when I grow up."

Nah, you don't want to do that. Don't get me wrong I love the woman but you want to be you when you grow up... think of all the effort, creativity and love God put into making you. Beautiful, wonderful woman of God, Daughter of the King.

October 03, 2005 12:19 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Not to mention if you grew up to be her... who's going to grow up to be you? There is a need for Tracey... Why else would He put you here?

All that said. I admire both of you greatly and would love to grow up to be like y'all. *VBG*

October 03, 2005 12:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Heather, you are so right! The world needs Tracey Bateman, Rachel needs Tracey Bateman!

Love you, girl, and the unique and wonderful way God made you!

October 03, 2005 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home