Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Aha moment

Do you ever just feel like you're walking knee-deep in a sandstorm? Or let's say snowstorm since it's supposed to snow here tomorrow.
Anyway, pushing as hard as you can only you can't see where you're going and you can barely make it through the drifts you're trudging through.

Man that's where I've been for two weeks. Working harder than I've ever worked on a proposal, thinking I'm done, then starting completely over. I've written abotu 25k WORDS. And over half are going to the discard pile because the chapters just don't work for what I'm doing. I might use them some other time on some other proposal, but not this one. All that work for something that may or may not actuall sell. (sidebar: That's the way it is in life. Taking a chance and working hard even when there are no guarantees. Keep working those of you who aren't published and are working without results. God sees your efforts and if you're called to do this. You will!)

Well, I had two separate FULL proposals and you know what that means, those of you who are writers, a synopsis (which takes all day to write just itself) and three chapters another three to five days, depending on length of chapters. I send the new synopsis to a couple of friends I happen to have talking with that day. And guess what? One of them liked one, the other liked the other better!! ARGH!!!! Now I was more confused than ever!!! I need to get this book proposal to my agent so he can get it to my editor. FINALLY, I wrote to my agent and ranted a little. He said, I can't really help if you don't let me in on the problem." So I sent him both synopses.
Within 12 hours I had my answer, my confusion was gone, I had new direction, and for the first time in two weeks I have clarity and confidence.

WHEW. I feel much better.
Thank God for people who are willing to help. I tend to pull away, go off on my own. i like solitude. But sometimes we have to come out and let people in.
And that's my story and sage advice for today. Do as much as you can, but when you feel like you've hit a wall---ask for help. You have not because you ask not. God had been speaking to me for days to ask Steve for help. But I was too stubborn. Would have saved me some trouble.
Love lots
Peace

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

"But sometimes we have to come out and let people in."

LOL God keeps pushing me to do that and this hermit fights it every step of the way.

"ask for help"

LOL Something else I'm terrible at doing.

Praying for you Tracey!

December 07, 2005 1:38 AM  
Blogger Pammer said...

Thank you for that post Tracey. I understand what you said and your post ministered to me.

(((((((((Tracey)))))))))

See, how God doesn't waste anything?

Praying for you.

December 07, 2005 4:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

That's why Steve gets the big bucks. ;) LOL.

December 10, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger Ronie Kendig said...

Tracey - What a blessing this post was to me. I'm battling a wall of uncertainty and confusion right now in my own writing--one similar to what you posted here. Thanks for taking the time to share this!

December 27, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Praying for a very blessed and prosperous 2006 for you and your family! I've been so blessed by your friendship!

January 01, 2006 2:52 AM  
Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

I miss your blogging, sweet friend! Even if it's aimless rambling, (which, of course, coming from you, it wouldn't be.) let us hear from you.

~ Love, Chris

January 03, 2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Yeah what she said!

January 18, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Pammer said...

Hey girlfriend, you need to UPDATE! I miss your blogs. :0)

Hugs!

January 20, 2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Tamara Leigh said...

Tracey,

You da Blogger! Thank you for posting to my Blog and forcing me to start figuring out how this whole Blog thing works. I am sooo lost... But inspired after my foray into your blogdom! You blog good. Oh! LEAVE IT TO CLAIRE is on top of my reading pile. Looking forward to lots of laughter.

February 09, 2006 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home