Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pam tagged me!!

Well, I can't blow off the blog because Pam tagged me. Which means apparently, that I have to list 15 things about myself that are book-related.

1. Where the Wild things are is my favorite children's book (maybe my favorite book period)
2. Junie B Jones is my favorite book to read aloud. I refuse to let my children have a turn to read out loud because I love to crack myself up with the voice of this wonderful character
3. When I read secular chicklit and then go to write my own lit books I have to pray because I have a tendency to "think" the "F" word.
4. I hate all Oprah's book club books and still dream of being on there some day
5. I've had my Christy winner speech written for three years (and I've never had an eligible book, let alone been nominated)
6. I started reading Deb Raney's After The Rains while in the tub. And stayed there for three hours until I finished reading it.
7. I read Gone With the Wind for the first time when I was 11 years old. (and a gillian times since)
8. My amazing writing buddies rewrite some of my sentences while critiquing and add paragraphs at times....and I use them word for word.
9. I'm boycotting all of Brandilyn Collins' books until she writes another Women's Fiction (I still buy them, I just won't read them as a matter of principle)
10. Rachel Hauck is going to be as popular as a Christian Chicklit author as Kristin Billerbeck (and I'm not just saying that)
11. I read the book "TISHA" once a year when it gets cold. BUY THIS BOOK. It's old, but marvelous!!!!
12. I have never read the Bible all the way through. (I have plans with a group of friends to do that very thing beginning January 1---I CAN"T wait. The word changes a person. 2006 is MY year to know Jesus better through His word.
13 I have all the orginal LOVE COMES SOFTLY series --bought by my mom as they came out beginning in 1979. Ditto the HB Left Behind series
14. I paid $40 for a book called Dawn's Early Light just because it was my mom's favorite book when I was growing up and I saw her reading it over and over. I read her copy as a kid, but I've never read my own. I keep it because it reminds me of growing up (and i figure my sister will get hers when she's gone--which is okay with me :))
15. I am so grateful to God for making me a writer. I am 36 years old, and I pray I get to keep working for the next 30 years.

Not sure how this works, but I guess I have to tag someone (sorry friends!!)
Chris (Christinelynxwiler.com) and Rachel (rachelhhauck.com)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pammer said...

See that wasn't so hard, was it? :0)
Thanks for not killing me.
Hugs!
Pammer

December 02, 2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL I'll have to give Pam a hug next I see her for making you blog.

I rolled on #3.

#9... Web of Lies... I'm half way through it. It's great. :-p

#10 That wouldn't surprise me!

#15 I pray it's the next 50 years.

(And BTW when someone tags me I just ignore them LOL.)

December 02, 2005 1:01 AM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

(And BTW when someone tags me I just ignore them LOL.)

GASP. How Rude! TIPton, I would NEVER have thought it of you!

Pam, I could never kill you. You're too sweet

December 02, 2005 1:11 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Ok, I'm tagged. Now what? I'm it? (yeah, I always knew that. I'm so IT...) LOL

December 02, 2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL Tracey... is that sarcasm???

The majority of people that know me knows that I won't do them so they don't tag me anymore. LOL

So it's rude in love! :-p

December 02, 2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home