Monday, February 27, 2006

I made it!

Okay, the interview was pretty painless--for me anyway. Fred, the guy who interviewed me about Leave it to Claire really made me feel as though I was doing HIM the honor by letting him interview me. It was pretty overwhelming, but Fred was great and we prayed together before the interview. Afterwards, a woman called in and said she was about to get in the tub when she felt God tell her to go to the car and listen to the radio. She turned it on just in time to hear my interview. She's leaving an abusive marriage and I guess God gave her peace as I spoke about Claire learning the power of forgiveness toward her ex husband. She was the first caller and won a free copy of claire, some bath truffles and a compact. My publicist sent five gifts bags with those as give-aways. Anyway, I felt like I was in the right place at the right time. god is good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

You done good, friend!! Rachel

February 27, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley Adina said...

Brave girl! So, what was the most difficult question the interviewer asked? --Shelley

February 28, 2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

did

February 28, 2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

okay that was dumb. I published without writing.
There weren't really any tough questions. The interview question I hate is when they ask for a funny moment in the book. Why? Because I don't plan funny moments and I don't remember them. I think the funniest moments in CLAIRE come from interaction between her and the other characters.
But Fred's questions were more about the ministry aspect and those are the easiest for me to answer.

February 28, 2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Pattie said...

Hi Tracey...I was caller #3! Let me tell you my story about your interview. I listen to SpiritFM, but not usually at that time of day that you were on, because it was "pick up the kids from school" time. I decided on the spur of the moment to drive through the line instead of walking up to pick up my kindergartener...and I was so glad I did, because I got to hear your thoughts on writing and ministry. It was an awesome interview. I look forward to reading "Claire" because it arrived in yesterday's mail!
Thanks!
Pattie
www.xanga.com/pattierwr

March 05, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home