Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm outta here!!

A week from tomorrow we are closing on our first house.
A wonderful home with four bedrooms, a gorgeous fireplace, 12 acres and a three stall horse barn where we will house the new Morgan horse we're buying my daughter.
Growing up, we never owned a house. I didn't realize how important it is to have a place of your own. I feel differently about this place when I drive past it (and we drive past it a LOT just to thank God for giving it to us!!!).

It's been a whirlwind of activity as we prepare to leave the house we've lived in for the past nine years. My youngest son turned 8 years old this year and I was pregnant when we moved in here. My kids barely remember living anywhere else.
We ordered one of those HUMONGOUS trash bins and have cleaned out our shed. Practually threw out everything in that shed. Found some precious things . Memories pictures. Those things of course I'm keeping. :) The kids have mixed feelings about things. They're happy to be moving, but sad too. So that's my news for this week. Writing during the day, packing at night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Raney said...

Congratulations, Tracey! I'm so happy for you. I understand your kids' feelings...our daughter felt the same way when we moved last summer. It was nice to know she felt at home in the little duplex that we thought was inadequate, and that she wasn't caught up in "appearances." Nine months later, I'm still doing that "drive-by" thing, thanking God for His blessings, only now, I get to turn in the driveway and punch the garage door opener! : )

Wishing you much happiness in your new home!

April 28, 2006 5:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

growing up we never owned a house either. In my 27 years I've moved probably 12 times.

still waiting for God to provide that place of my own...

Congrats on your house!!!

May 12, 2006 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home