Thursday, April 13, 2006

New things

This year's conference will be all about New Beginnings. ACFW has gone through quite the changes this past year and we are showcasing many of those things. we're even doing some new things AT the conference that we've never done, including a semiformal awards banquet. Time to change things up a bit so people don't get too comfortable.

New beginnings seems to be the theme in my own life this year too. Surgery, weight loss, new experiences with publicity and releasing the CLAIRE series. I have a couple of other "new" things in the works too. And on the home front we're buying a house. Big scary change that I've been talking about for over a year. We just took the plunge recently.
Today I started getting really overwhelmed with all the those things. So much to accomplish. So many people depending on me. I started panicking and questioning God if I am really capable of handling everything on my plate. But I realized that I am constantly LOOKING for something new. You see, you have not because you ask not. God knows I am a mover and I get bored REALLY easily. Sometimes he makes me sit back, but usually He'll put as much on my plate as I can handle.

How about you? What are you doing to shake things up in your world?

Behold I do a NEW thing. Now it Shall Spring forth.
Is. 43

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings! I'm trying to develop deeper relationships in the world around me. That's how I'm shaking up things, I guess! ~ Love, Chris

April 16, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

New Beginnings... I'm hoping to submit my first ms by june 1...also think my life is going to be really shaken up by june 1 regarding my living situation... LOL Do those count?

May 12, 2006 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home