Monday, April 03, 2006

Okay...I'll confess

I've kept you in the dark long enough. remember the surgery I mentioned having? Well, it was Gastric bypass as I'm sure some of you have figured out.
So ACFWers, you'll see a lot less of me at this year's conference!!!

Sometimes in order to fix a problem, you have to do something drastic. For me that was surgery. I'm forced to take matters in hand. It's not always easy, but God is walking me through each step and I'm loving the journey.

In writing news, I'm editing away on my third Claire book. I'm working with the reknown Anne Goldsmith for the very first time. Many of you already know she moved from Tyndale to Warner Faith. My gain in so many ways. Although I think the jury's still out for her as to whether or not to hug me or strangle me. :) If you hear gurgling sounds from me, you know I pushed her too far. seriously. She's stretching me to be a better writer. While that isn't always comfortable, it will pay off in the long run. If she doesn't give me the boot first.

I'm working away on publicity for the CLAIRE series. Warner got me the greatest publicist known to mankind (although she's a bit naggy when I don't blog for a month--hee hee). I'm doing radio interviews and learning to be more natural, I hope. I'm always afraid I sound insincere. Don't you hate the sound of your own recorded voice? UGH. But it's part of the job that praise God, He has allowed me. Claire is touching lives through humor and plain honesty and I'm blessed every time someone sends me a letter conveying how God has touched them. This is what's it's all about.

This week my pastor spoke about Rebounding. He's a huge basketball nut so he had a goal brought in and sank a few before talking about how people in the Bible bounced back from adversity. Moses was a murderer, and yet God used him to save His people, Ruth lost her husband, but God gave her a kinsman redeemer, and the all time rebounding champion (no, not Dennis Rodman) JOB!
Do you feel like you've failed? There are always second and third and fourth and however many you need changes in God.

Claire was a divorcee with a crummy relationship with her kids...for those of you who haven't read it...pick up a copy too see how she rebounded! :) Oooh shameless plug.

Until my publicist can shame me into blogging again,
God BLESS you!!
Tracey

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Great post, Tracey, my valiant friend. I could hug your publicist's neck for pushing you to blog! :) We've missed your blog entries. So don't wait so long next time. ~ Chris

April 04, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on the after effects of your surgery. A good friend of mine underwent gastric bypass last year and she looks and feels great!

April 05, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Pammer said...

Yes, you should post more often. I'm praying for your recovery. I've heard great stuff about those surgeries.

Great message in your post, too.

Hugs!

April 05, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Wow, you took the plunge. That's awesome. :) I hope you get wonderful results.

April 05, 2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Powerful message, Tracey! I, too, hope your publicist makes you blog more often. May God bless your recovery.

April 06, 2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Tracey...I'm a Christian radio announcer and book reviewer who has just discovered your work through publicist Jeane Wynn. I'm in the middle of "Leave it to Claire," and LOVING it! Maybe Jeane and I can put together a radio interview with you. I would love it. I've added your blog to my blogroll...please check mine out when you get a moment!

April 06, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Kaye Dacus said...

Leave it to Claire is definitely making a splash in Nashville. I've seen it in every bookstore in town and whenever I see someone near it, I encourage them to pick it up to read!

I'm so glad you're doing well post-surgery and pray for your continued recovery.

April 06, 2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

my my my you're blogging again and I've been missing it! granted I was out of town when you posted this one. so I have an excuse. LOL

Continued prayers for your recovery!

April 12, 2006 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home