Saturday, April 08, 2006

Starbucks and Karen Kingsbury

I had a moment today in Starbucks. Spent three hours editing Claire 3. When I was about done I overheard this sweet little old lady a couple of tables away say, "Now, Where can I find the Karen Kingsbury books?"
I wanted to go to her and say, "Oh, I know her. I'm a writer too. have you read my books?"
But of course I didn't. But it made me think: How important is it for me to make a name for myself. I don't have the answer yet. Because quite frankly, I did end up going back to the Christian fiction section a few minutes later to see if she was there (under the guise of looking for Kristin Billerbeck's new Spa Girls) and if I could worm my way into a conversation.... Yes, I'm prideful and want to push myself forward so many times. I am not who I will become.

A work in progress...
Jesus, the author of every page of my life. I've been rewriting Claire 3. Changing Claire, making her not so rough around the edges. Rewriting her the way God is rewriting me.
Ahhh I hope we both turn out well and bring Him glory

Love lots
T

2 Comments:

Blogger Pammer said...

Wow, great insight. I needed that today. Thanks.

April 10, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Don't you just love when God starts rewriting you??? er... there might have been a slight hint of sarcasm in there. LOL

God and I are doing the whole rewrite thing now... it's not always easy... but the beauty that comes out.... it's worth it.

April 12, 2006 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home