Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Surprises

A few weeks ago we had some horrible news and it looked like we wouldn't get our house. I called my friend Susan Mae Warren and blubbered into the phone for a couple of hours and she said these words to me, "Tracey, I don't know why this happened. But I do know that God delights in surprising you." She was right. Our situation turned around within days and God surprised us with a better plan for buying our house. WAY better and something ONLY God could have accomplished. I'm convinced that people who love to give surprises are people after God's own heart. Today I went to town got my hair and nails done (okay I don't want to talk about the wisdom of having my nails done the week I'm packing to move), and when I got home a HUGE box of new books waited for me, a great starbucks card and a note from a friend who wished me happy-moving-into-my-new-house. Although a real friend would have waited and shipped them to the new house intead of making me load another box. Whatever! JUST kidding. My heart just thrilled to getting this surprise. Completely unexpected, completely undeserved, just goodness and friendship. What a great day. :) I want you to say it with me, "God delights in surprising His kids."

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

"God delights in surprising His kids."

great post.

awww gotta love friends like that!

May 12, 2006 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home