Saturday, June 10, 2006

A week from tomorrow

We begin our book tour. Can't believe it's crept up so suddenly. I'm not even close to ready for it. I wanted to be skinnier for one thing. 20 lbs skinnier. But I didn't lose as fast as I thought I would--as fast as a lot of people do. I am happy with 67 lbs. Don't think I'm not grateful. But I still have that much to go. So I'm getting discouraged. I won't have all the weight off by the ACFW conference like I'd hoped. Not even close... I watched TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD today. I love that book and had never seen the movie. Stays pretty close to the book. The book I'm writing has a racially charged trial and I was happy to see I had described the courtroom almost exactly the way one might have looked back then...blacks in the balcony, whites on the main floor. That's so unreal to remember how ignorant our country was. I guess some folks still are. I just don't get it. Okay, there are my rambling for the night. Peace. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

67 lbs is awesome. You'll be beautiful at conference... you always are.

June 11, 2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

Thanks, TIPton. :)

June 11, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

You're welcome... so you takin' those pics yet? :o)

June 11, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Have a great tour and 67 lbs is awesome!

Rachel

June 11, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home