Thursday, July 13, 2006

Home and loving it

Good Morning friends in Blogland. I stepped off the plane from Denver to Springfield, Mo on Tuesday, and blessed the Lord for Wonderful, lovely 100% humidity. Ahhhh home. Amazing how we get used to a certain climate. In Denver I felt like my face was going to crack off. My throat was constantly dry and I just wanted to splash water all over me all the time. However, I loved downtown. Monday night a couple of friends and I walked from the convention center to Ruth Chris steakhouse and being a country girl (with city girl longings), I loved it!! the walk, the company, the big honking buildings that stretched so high I about broke my neck trying to see the top. On the way back I saw my first homeless person. I won't soon forget the look in his eyes as we made contact. I couldn't look away. I couldn't smile, I knew better than to slip him a fiver. Then further down, we passed a bar with outside tables and this young girl was resting her chin on her arm along the back of her chair and staring sadly. Alone, buzzing a little, but not drunk, she was just unhappy. I wanted to go to her. To tell her about Jesus. But I didn't. Why didn't I? Missed opportunities. Jesus knows her. I'm praying. Her face is imprinted on my heart. BOOK SIGNING... I was with Wanda Brunstetter, DiAnn Mills, and new author Mary Tyndall (no relation to the publisher :) ). The lines went on for two and a half hours. But that's the way it is at CBA. Everyone gets to feel like a super star. So I had a shining moment to salve my ego after my last booksigning of a whopping four people. Okay, I'm SOOO procrastinating. I'm going to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

Hi Kim! So glad you're enjoying Leave it to Claire. Jesus knows how powerful fiction can be and I'm so glad he's using this character to speak to your heart. This is my prayer always.
Off to Mapquest blogland. :)

July 13, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

are you still procrastinating??

July 14, 2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

Hush, TIPton!

July 14, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

LOL touchy, touchy

July 15, 2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

I just finished reading Claire Knows Best. What an awesome book, and I can't wait for the next one.

It's hard to believe that you've only seen your first homeless person. Sadly, they are abundant here, and sometimes we overlook them laying on the side of the road, or hanging out behind the store. Great reminder to love them as God does.

July 18, 2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home