Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Love of God

Amazing how we can lose sight of such a fundamental of our faith. We love him because he first loved us. Why does he have to prove what's been proven over and over? A simple message today...God loves you. He loves me. We live in a prove it society, but God didn't send his son to die to prove his love. He sent him to die, BECAUSE of his love. He doesn't meet our needs to prove his love, but BECAUSE of his love. He hasn't led you to the path you're on and keep getting you out of one jam after another to prove to you that He loves you, but BECAUSE he loves you. One of the most profound and memorable statements I've ever read came from "I'm Running to Win" by Ann Kiemel. It is not, I'll follow you if you'll heal my mother, or give me a new car (that's paraphrased), It is simply...Jesus, I'll follow you to the end, no guarantees asked except that you'll be at the end of the road to meet me when I get there. And I will know that I have lived my life in truth. So whatever comes, Lord YES to it. TO whatever you bring into my life." We've been called to love radically. In order to follow Jesus, it means laying down our lives. Not to prove that we're spiritual or holy or better than another Christian. But simply, on a very personal, one-on-one relationship BECAUSE we love HIM.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

My thoughts exactly.
Keep up the good blogging.
-Sean
________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

August 23, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Christine Lynxwiler said...

Wonderful post, Tracey. Thanks!

August 23, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Kaye Dacus said...

We were just talking about this in Sunday School this past Sunday--we're starting a 13 week series on Hebrews and focused on the first chapter which shows how Jesus is higher than the angels. We talked about how amazing it is that He was willing to give up all of that and come down here . . . and yet he was still the "exact representation" of God for those who believed enough to see Him with their spiritual eyes. That, to me, is why Jesus' statement to Thomas about those who have not seen and yet have believed is so profound. He didn't come to "prove it." He just came to do it.

Thanks for the blessing!

September 06, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post!

September 09, 2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

wow great post

September 16, 2006 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home