Monday, September 18, 2006

BIRDS!!

So, you know that movie from the 50s with all the attacking birds? that didn't happen. BUT my heater hasn't been working and we've had a couple of shivery mornings where I wanted to use it. So I called the heating and cooling guys today to see what's going on. And there was a BIRD in my fan keeping it from turning. The good news about that is that I only had to pay 53.00 and I will not freeze in the morning when I get up. The bad news is...they didn't bury the bird. I mean they just tossed it into my yard!!! I wish I'd known that before I paid them, I would have used it as a point of negotiation. You want to get paid? Take the dead bird with you. Anyway, I'm working on edits for Catch a Rising Star, my first book in the Drama Queens series from Warner (now it's called Hachette, but that doesn't hold the same prestige as Warner in my opinion). It's hard to slash words that seemed so good three months ago. Now they look a bit dumb. I got a nice little (and by little I mean seven pages) edit letter back from my editor and have really had to knuckle down to wrap my head around slashing scenes and writing new ones. Don't get me wrong...it's going to be a MUCH stronger book, but OUCH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home