Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Four minutes to breathe

hello! So last week I had my gall bladder removed. Remember my angst about getting the edit done? Well, I DIDN'T before the surgery. There was just too much and it couldn't be rushed--worked until the wee hours of the morning the night before surgery (since I knew I would be sleeping a lot the next day. :) ). So I recovered a day and started working the next day. Thank goodness GB surgery is out patient. All week though I was so tired and so sick and was thinking oh I can't wait to be done so I can relax. Okay, so yesterday I finally sent it. What did I do last night? Started brainstorming the next idea I plan to propose in a few months. I took off FOUR minutes. The thing is...when you're a type A writer you have to keep moving. I can't sit still. My agent and I discussed the possiblility of only doing two books a year and he considered it a second and then laughed at me. It's not possible for me to not work. Currently I'm getting ready to promote my November release, am in the editing phase of my July 2007 release and I'm writing my May 2007 release (friendlier deadline on that one). So I have three books on my mind plus the new idea I'm putting together--JUST IN CASE it works out. Am I the only one this nuts? Tell me please. HOW do you turn off your head and relax?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Wow, you have a busy schedule, but you can do it. I'm always amazed at how much you do, and how well you do it.

Love you, Rachel

October 17, 2006 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home