Sunday, October 08, 2006

Zoe Bateman and Jesus, Mean and Wild

Sad news... Little Zoe Bateman crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is in the arms of Jesus. Such a short time to love this wonderful sweet animal. But time for Jesus to open up a place in my heart that had been closed. Thank you, Jesus. I know you love this little dog too. You know, He really does love animals, I believe. Jesus is so tenderhearted, he just gets it when we're torn up with love over creatures like this.

Ok, I know I just said Jesus was tenderhearted--and he is! But I've been reading Jesus, Mean and Wild by Mark Galli. Foreward by Eugene Petersen (writer of the Message Bible). Been reading this fabulous book after a recommendation from Pastor Brian Zahnd, Pastor of Word of Life in St. Joseph, Mo. How's this for a quote? "Jesus Loves you and has a difficult plan for your life?"
Does that challenge you? GET THE BOOK.

Was in St. Joe for a couple of days with my pastor and a few others from the church. A great couple of days. Worship took my breath away. Missed one service so I could work on edits. Felt peace to do so. We still live in a natural world where our wonderful editors still need our promised edits before they head out of town. :) So I was being a good steward.

I checked out Pastor Zahnd's blog and let me just say...any man who is NOT a worship leader and NOT gay who can cry over Song of Solomon is definitely a man after God's heart.
He also likes Bob Dylan...need I say more? If you live in the St. Joe, Mo. Area and you're looking for a home church. This one should be on the top of your "visit" list.

Check out his blog...
http://www.brianzahnd.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger Pattie said...

Aww, I'm so sorry for your doggie loss. I totally get that and I sympathize with you.

October 08, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Catherine West said...

i hate it when our pets die...
Hang in there...

October 09, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home