Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Storm!

Guess What? Little House on the Prairie days are wayyyyy overrated! We've been in the throes of a horrid ice storm. I'm sure everyone has been reading about it. We've been without power for a couple of days. And gee whiz, it's dark without lightbulbs. But we do have wood heat as well as a kerosene heater and a camp stove. We were excited for the first couple of hours because it was fun....until I wanted to watch Smallville. I bought all five seasons because I am one of the few people who have never watched the show. So now I'm half way through season three and TOTALLY hooked.

Anyway, the power just came back on about three hours ago. So now the house is too hot. :) I'm going to take a picture of my poor iceladen trees tomorrow when it's light and upload it here.

HAPPY NEWS. I've been using dialup for years because DSL wasn't an option in my rural area. Well, I've just learned that it's available now! So I ordered that bad boy and will have DSL Thursday night. YAY!

Stay warm. Peace out!

American Idol starts tonight. :) YAY!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Glad you're out of the storm! I am another one who has not watched Smallville. It just never, ever looked appealing to me.

But I know people love it. :)

Yay on DSL.

Rachel

January 17, 2007 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home