Monday, February 19, 2007

Good days/bad days

So, it's been awhile since I blogged. Been working like mad on a manuscript. Kids have been sick, ice has kept us bound at home, different reasons. We're all better now, the ice is melted, but I'm still working like mad on my ms.
Last night God got my attention as I was reading Ecclesiastes. 7:14 Message bible translation:
On a good day, enjoy yourself. On a bad day, examine your conscience. God arranges for both kids of days so that we won't take anything for granted.

I was floored. I'm a woman of faith, raised up in the faith movement. Are you telling me GOD gives bad days???? No way. I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream, I wanted to kick a cabinet (Brandilyn style), I wanted to confess something quickly so I didn't curse myself with the faithless thoughts crossing my mind.

I stopped and read it to my husband and I said, "You know, I always want to do something to make myself feel better when i have those days. Usually it involves spending money or whining until he takes me to dinner and a movie (blush). But what if God just wants me to think about what's going on in my heart? What if I don't always have to be happy to have the joy of the Lord working in me? Weighty stuff for someone who hasn't blogged in awhile, eh?

I love what karen Ball said at the ACFW conference a couple of years ago. She said, what if marriage isn't about making me happy, what if it's about making me holy?"

So, ladies and gentleman, maybe our day to day walk isn't necessarily about happiness, but holiness. Maybe we need crappy days to make us run to the cross and find out if our hearts have strayed.

:)

I just found out one of my friends has written 65K words since Feb 1. Shall we all just kill her? Or maybe congratulate her. :) Yeah, and you know who you are... You go girl!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Excellent insight! I've been thinking if the Lord is our source and He lives within, we should have joy even on the bad, introspective days.

I'm about 40 years from perfecting it. LOL

Good for your friend! Wow. I heard it was more like 55 to 60K. ;)

Rachel

February 20, 2007 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home