Friday, March 16, 2007

Snakes in the Pulpit?

I got a funny phone call today...
Apparently a local library is considering pulling my books because I dedicated one of them to Lebanon family Church (Actually I've dedicated three to either pastor or the church or a group in the church). Rumor has it, our pastor brought snakes to church (ie snake handling). Now, the guy likes his manly stuff...bball, football, things like that, but I'm pretty sure he'd cry like a baby if someone stuck a snake in his face.

This whole thing begs the question, why are people so quick to believe awful things about other Christians? I mean, we have wonderful, beautiful music, a relevant message from God through the (non-Snake boy) pastor and various other awesome things. This church is making a difference in our region and to hear that someone is gullible enough to actually believe 500 people would stand for a pastor bringing a snake to the pulpit and asking for volunteers of faith, OY VEY.

Anyway....Snakes....I can't even picture it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Johnson said...

How silly, just plain silly. I sure hope this resolves in a good way. When I think of the garbage they let remain on the shelves, it makes me feel like saying "Oy vay" too! But then I just like saying that.

March 18, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Preach it sister friend! We jump to conclusions way too quickly...and end up hurting the Body of Christ way too often...

March 19, 2007 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home