Friday, March 09, 2007

The Velveteen Writer

I've been on a Velveteen Rabbit kick this week and it sparked my newest speaking topic. The Velveteen Writer...how do you know when you're a REAL writer. :)

That's all I'm giving. But I'm going to start working on it and I think it's going to be good. I love to encourage new writers, but I've gotten so busy with my own deadlines, promotion and life in general that I don't have time to do much one-on-one. So I'm praying that God will open up some realistic areas for me to continue to mentor.

On to other things. Yesterday I did an interview with Fred Young at Spirit FM in Camdenton, Mo. I love Fred. He does everything just right. He's one of those incredible men of God who has the ability/gift to make whoever is around feel like they're the best. :) This was my all timey favorite interview. Not sure I was that great. But I had the most fun. Thanks, Fred!

Today I'm heading into town to work at a little coffee shop I love so much. They play Jazz music from long ago and I love listening to the swanky swells of trendy places laughing and talking and doing business over fatty, sugar-filled so-called coffee. And yes, I eavesdrop...I call it research. It's not like I'm planning to reveal state secrets or out FBI agents. It's just funny to put on headphones and pretend I'm listening to music when really... I should be a spy. I'm SOOO Sydney Bristow. (Alias).

Anyway...Those of you who have read the CLAIRE books...this is her coffee shop. Churchill. If you're ever in Lebanon, Mo on a Saturday night, they play live music. Very cool place...

Off to do what I do...
God Bless
T

1 Comments:

Blogger Pattie said...

*big sigh* I miss Spirit FM. I used to listen on the Knob Noster station!

Christian radio in North Dakota just isn't the same!

March 19, 2007 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home