Monday, April 30, 2007

Ambiance and a change of scenery

Today I've decided to come to the coffeeshop to work. I used to hate getting out. I'm a recluse and prefer to spend time in my dark house and write in solitude. Only...That has been changing for awhile...for one thing, with kids it's almost impossible to keep the dadgum door closed and trying just gets my nerves in an uproar and then who can think to write when they're ticked off, right? So rather than holler at the kids, I've decided to go with the flow this spring and summer and just let the light in and the cool air out. Big deal!

So lately I've been really enjoying getting out of the house. Yesterday after church, my husband and I went on what was supposed to be a two and a half mile hike at the local state park just down the road from our house. There are several hiking trails...adn guess what? we took a wrong turn and ended up going FOUR and a half miles instead. I got to a kid's church meeting an hour late and missed out on the pizza. I was sooo not happy with the man in my life who got us lost (he says we weren't lost, we just weren't on the right trail...WHATEVER!) He was completely outside my circle of trust for about three hours, then I forgave him and allowed him back. Even though he didn't apologize or admit to getting us lost...which he did.

I'm sore today. all the way from my calves to my butt. I guess that's a good sign. Means I'm tightening things up...
THe Bachelor is on tonight. :)

Back to work!
Peace
Tracey

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Tracey said... "Even though he didn't apologize or admit to getting us lost..."

I can SO relate, Tracey. When you find a man that does, let me know, I'd like to meet him! ;)

BTW - Thanks so much for the free copy of "Oregon Brides" - I received it on Saturday! :)

May 02, 2007 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home