Thursday, April 05, 2007

coming up for a little air

The thing about a deadline is that you have to come up for air sometimes. I was reading on Rachel Hauck's blog today (an older post) about how consuming it is on deadline. It's not about time crunch. It's a life crunch. All consuming. You eat, sleep, and breathe your current story. That's where I am right now. I'm a woman obsessed with the lives of my characters.

Anyway, so I'm coming up for air for the next three hours. Rusty and I fix a special meal on Thursdays and we have candlelight and the kids are always on their best behavior. So he's bbqing tonight so ribeye steaks I got half price. Now don't run from "reduced for quick sale" meat. My grannie used to work in a meat market and she always said the aged meat (not rotten) was the best. And I agree!!! As long as you cook it right away.

Yum. So steaks, salad, greenbeans and mushrooms, and baked potatoes.
That's what's on th agenda for tonight. We're building memories with these candlelight dinners. The kids love them. We love them and I know when they're grown, they'll bring them up from time to time. I look forward to it. But I don't it to happen too soon!!

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

The candle light dinners are a great idea! What a great memory.

Love you, Rachel

April 05, 2007 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home