Sunday, April 15, 2007

I wouldn't let my kid play that!!

I've been writing the second Westward Hearts book, Defiant Heart, and the hero is half Indian, so I've been doing a fair amount of research into Indians...Today I found a game the young boys used to play. They lined up face to face into two teams and, at the onset of the game, yelled at each other "I'm going to knee you in the face until you bleed." This was the goal of the game...to run and gang up on the least protected of your opponents and knee him in the face until he bled. Hmm. I'd have been running over there in my buckskin dress, braids flying and pulling all those bullies off my boy. :)I wouldn't have made a very good Indian mom, I don't think.

Sort of reminds me of how the Word announces the devil's intention to steal, kill, and destroy and we still open ourselves up to getting kneed in the face by disobedience, not tithing, blatant sin. etc

Crazy...but we all do it, don't we?
Peace out.
Back to research and writing...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Knee in the face until you bleed? OUCH!! You'd be A GREAT mom to not let them play!

:) Rachel

April 15, 2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home