Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Last Day from Branson

I'm a fan of Crystal Cove Bed and Breakfast. I can't even tell you how the owners have gone the extra mile to make my stay here comfortable and productive. I am leaving in a few hours to go home and finish my work from there, but I will look forward to coming here for an actual two or three day mini vaca soon. In a few weeks, hopefully.

TOday it's raining...the owners showed up at my door with a fat, homemade waffle covered with whipped cream, berries, and three slices of bacon on the side. Oh, and warm syrup. I didn't expect it. They are truly angels in disguise. OH I have a story about their son... He's about five years old and got a fishing pole for his pre-school graduation (By the way, he's trying to figure out a way to skip the next twelve years of school and go straight to college--after all, he DID graduate with a cap and gown. SNICKER). Anyway, I walked past him outside yesterday and he had his pole. So I asked, "Are you going to fish in the pond?" (It's a shallow pond stocked with enormous gold fish for ambiance) He said, "No, I was trying to catch a spider, but I lost my bait--I had a worm but it's gone." HOW cute is that???He was totally serious. They're going to have lots of fun with that kid.

The Bachelor....
I caved and watched it last night while I typed. He picked the one I wanted him to pick from the beginning. Tessa. :) Hope they make it. I truly do. I liked this Andy guy. He seemed to be the real deal.

A gripe--
I'm so sick of not being able to watch TV without being barraged with those stupid male enhancement pills commercials. Regardless of whether or not size counts, these commercials are sickening (okay the Bob ones are sort of funny), but enough already. My kids watch the scifi reruns on these channels!! When I was a kid tampon commercials caused embarassed silence in mixed company. I think of the shows my mom would force me to turn off and I wonder how far I've come in my moral thinking--or the lack thereof. The world DOES affect our outlook. I think I should go without TV for a month and only read Christian books and the Bible and see what happens. hmmmm. Maybe I'll challenge myself to that.
I'll let you know...

Pray for me, please. Deadline is looming. I'm tired, worried about my sweet Mother-in-law, and missing my kids horribly. That's the problem with going away to work. The first three days are great. After that I'm pretty worthless. Yesterday my eight year old called me after school. He was ALONE. One son was at my mom's, one had decided to go work out after school and didn't tell anyone and my daughter had to make up a couple of tests after school. OY VEY. I aged ten years in the ten minutes it took for me to get someone to the house. I told him not to get any snacks he had to cut or cook. :) And not to go outside.

Well, back to work for a couple more hours before Rusty gets here.
Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home