Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Traveling

Hey all,

Just got back a couple of days ago from a week long trip, first to Louisiana for my nephew's wedding (if TSA hadn't ripped off my $400 camera at the Denver airport, I'd post some). And then to Colorado for a writer's retreat (again....if not for TSA....)

I came back refreshed even though I worked while I was gone. Just something about the change of scenery helped. While I was gone I was given a great book called How to become a famous writer Before you Die. :) Not sure it'll do the trick, but it has inspired me and I actually haven't read as great a writing book since Stephen King's On Writing.
So if you don't mind a few colorful Idioms, check it out. If you do....run away.

Thursday night I'm headed to a Bed and Breakfast in Branson, Mo to finish up my two pending deadlines. The second Westward Hearts and the revisions for the Second Drama Queens--You Had me at Goodbye. I was thinking how great it would be to go away for fun instead of work sometimes. LOL But I won't complain...God has blessed me and allowed me to do what I love...I'm just sayin'...

I actually will look forward to a little R and R eventually. had to cancel my vacation the first week of June, since my deadlines were late this year. We had a family medical crisis involving my daughter and I lost weeks of work. PTL it's worked out, but I'm still playing catch up until mid August.

Speaking of medical crises....My mother in law has been in the hospital for the last two weeks with liver failure. they discovered cancer. Scary stuff. Prayers would definitely be appreciated. I don't feel we're ready to lose her at all, and she's always been so vibrant and energetic, that it's hard to see her so weak. I know she is frustrated and resigned.

Love to all,
Hopefully I'll have a few minutes to write from Branson this weekend.
I'm sorry for all the trouble people are having signing my blog. It's frustrating me too and I don't know what to do about it. I love hearing from my readers. I promise to look into it very, very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi hon...am going to try and sign in here again...hopefully it works.

Sorry about your mil.

Have fun on your mini vacation. I LOVE B&B's!!!!!

Thanks again for the book. I loved it.


mo
monileigh.com

May 16, 2007 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home