Wednesday, May 23, 2007

words of life

Today has been emotional for me. Visited my mother-in-law in the hospital on the way home from Branson. We were there for a few hours. She's weak. It's difficult to experience and yet, she needs our strength to help her with the smallest tasks and to show her our worry or angst isn't good. although she knows her condition is very serious, she doesn't need to see it on our faces.

Today I've been writing. (duh) I was tempted to throw down the easiest sentences, the ones that come naturally, without effort and without much feeling because I'm in such a rush. But I felt God's gentle nudge inside and He reminded me of Jesus' words to satan "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth from the mouth of God."
There are no insignificant words. Words are healing or hurting. Positive or negative. And quite frankly, right or wrong. I want to write the words that God speaks to my soul. even if the concept He gives me makes the wording difficult in a fiction novel. Sometimes I think He should have just let me be a nonfiction writer, In fiction I detest preachy, overbearing, obvious messages, but in nonfiction...well, that's sort of the point, right?
Anyway, Words of Life. I'm praying for those for today....I might be writing a prairie romance, but guess what? This is what God has placed before me. I'm honored to do so. And I pray, I pray, I pray, that He will use it to touch lives, bring laughter, bring tears, and point hearts to His heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger aspire2 said...

He is using you!

Congrats on getting your photo and book cover and two columns' worth of endorsement in this week's issue of Publishers Weekly. Way to go!

May 23, 2007 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home