Tuesday, June 19, 2007

still in Arkansas

Chipping away at these deadlines and actually making great progress! Thank you Lord!
Having a good time with the best of friends Chris Lynxwiler (also a writer, check out her books www.christinelyxnwiler.com )

It's funny, we're IMing and calling as much as we did when I was a few hundred miles away at my house. I'm upstairs in her writing apartment. we've both been working our heads off so we haven't gotten to play much, but we did take a little time out last night to see Ocean's Thirteen. Andy Garcia ooh la la.

Anyway, so I'm totally rewriting my second Drama Queens, per my smart Editor's six page letter of suggestions. It's amazing how after all these books, I still need someone to look at what I think is perfect and point out the things that will make it so much better. I'm yanking apart this book. And guess what? My book is NOT my baby. It's my BOOK. It's actually God's book. I forgot that for awhile. My editor reminded me of that and I think when the open heart surgery (as my assistant, Julie called it) is complete, God will have a book He can use for his purposes and His glory.

Book one in this series comes out in July and I'm anxious to see what God has planned for it. It was a fun, challenging book to write.

I'm going to the local coffeeshop to work today.
Love it and love you too!
Tracey

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Wish I was there, too!

I'm in rewrite heaven with you!

Love, Rachel

June 19, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

I wish you were with us too, Rachel!! How cool would that be?

June 19, 2007 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home