Thursday, July 19, 2007

Deb Raney!!! I can't believe you tagged me!!

I've Been Tagged!
Thanks, Deb! This is fun!
1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?
Wow, there really are so many. I want to write Gone With the Wind. I keep getting “close” but so far, no cigars. I don’t know what the deal is.  I don’t think I’m really experienced enough yet to answer this one with any degree of accuracy. I just want to write the next thing God puts on my plate. I’m grateful for each opportunity.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?Gone With the Wind.
But BESIDES that… my TBR pile is overflowing. I’m dying to read The Living End. I think it’s the last book by Lisa Samson that I still have to read (did I mention I MET her at ICRS this year??) I just read a book by JSB Presumed Innocent or Guilty? Can’t remember which. But OMGosh, it was fabulous!!! So I would read ALL of his backlist in that genre. And if Deb Raney really does write the sequel to After the Rains, that will miraculously tiptoe ahead of the other books in my pile and will definitely be read.
3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?My brother (who is blind) had a typewriter. I stared my epic sequel to Gone With the Wind on this amazing machine—when I was about 12.
4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?NOT enough. And truly if it doesn’t grab me and hold me, it inevitably slips away. This month I’ve been lucky to have been grabbed by James Scott Bell. NO not literally. The aforementioned Book!AND Debbie Bedford's THe PENNY that she's writing with Joyce Meyer. Next up is probably THE ELEVATOR by Angela Hunt
5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?
My Alpha Smart 3000. Bought it used and it’s a great little machine for me because it’s too tempting to google myself and my friends if I’m using a real computer to write. That’s such a fun waste of precious writing time.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?Civil War. Need you ask?

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)? Gone with the Wind. But BESIDES that obvious answer. Tisha is one of my all time favorite books OH and The Believers by Janice Holt Giles. Oh my goodness. Great book.

Thanks, Deb for the chance to do this. I tag Kathleen Y’Barbo, Cathy Hake, and Susan May Warren. Don’t let me down, girls!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home